Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I want to change the world and people’s minds with words.  But who am I, to think that I can?  I’ve not lived enough; I don’t know enough.  I’m not specifically equipped with the education for such an endeavor.  My fiscally-driven career is forty-seven floors high and hundreds of excel spreadsheets far, far away from creative. 
Ironically, the chaos I’m suffering in is contained.  Aligned to my shoulder pads, and neatly silenced between the unforgiving creases of my suits.  It’s trapped inside the small but unavoidable, eclipsed space of every firm handshake.  My chaos is compacted so thickly in the air which congests the subway carts at 7 am, Monday through Friday – repeat, repeat, repeat.
So, this will be my space to explore my identity. To somehow manipulate structured incoherency into something creative, readable, and relatable.
I will remember that the best writers submerge themselves in chaos.  They know that chaos (no matter the form, or its derivation) can render the most illustrious outcomes.  The best writers can maneuver disarray into coherent, profound sentences.  
Here's to discovery in chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment